Greetings virgin bouncers!

The origins behind the daily bounce..... I started to send a select few friends a song a day (missing a few days out due to being a human with a lazy gene). This evolved in a darwinistic style and became the daily bounce. These friends now chip in from time to time and raise songs to trump my previous bounce...I had to take it one step further and reclaim the bounce as my own...So I sailed the seedy seas of the internet and developed this blog.

This is where I can showcase old and new songs that I love, and typically 'bounce' to....enjoy...


Tuesday 12 October 2010

Born Blonde



Saw this lot a few weeks back at the trusty Blue Flowers supporting Wolf Gang amongst others. (A post by Blue Flowers has just reminded me how much I actually enjoyed them, and why they take priority today over other bounces). Its so easy to put these things to one side, mainly because I am lazy, partly because I am busy.

They formed a little V formation on stage, like a flock of migrating musical birds. No denying that the lead singer is easy on the eye, this band have got that Mumford/Sons of Noel and Adrian/Mariners children feel with a 90’s Ashcroft vibe…mainly driven by the lead singers raspy vocals. Funny little combo, but works nicely to stop people from groaning and saying something like 'oh god, not another anti folk collective with wooden instruments and big harmonies'. (I have no friends that say this by the way, I'd probably punch them in the side of the head).

>>>HERE<<< is a video of in my opinion there stand out track of a 4 song long set list. Its called ‘Signs of Fear’.

I will be headed to see these boys again *coughs* to eye up the lead singer…I mean, engross myself in their music…in fact I truly mean that, I really do like what they’re doing.

Here's their myspace too.

Enjoy

HTTP

No comments:

Post a Comment