Greetings virgin bouncers!

The origins behind the daily bounce..... I started to send a select few friends a song a day (missing a few days out due to being a human with a lazy gene). This evolved in a darwinistic style and became the daily bounce. These friends now chip in from time to time and raise songs to trump my previous bounce...I had to take it one step further and reclaim the bounce as my own...So I sailed the seedy seas of the internet and developed this blog.

This is where I can showcase old and new songs that I love, and typically 'bounce' to....enjoy...


Thursday 4 November 2010

Britpop revival....is it really happening?



Earlier this year I discovered YUCK...who even though not British are heavily influenced by the Britpop sound...and so it seems that there is a guitar based Britpop fizzle happening to the west of London, with bands springing up left right and centre, but... two come to mind. So, naturally I am going to ram these two down your throats…don’t choke now.

Them:Youth

A band that I have been fortunate enough to see a few times…strong melodies, front man and an even stronger fan bass. I think the last time I saw them it all got a bit frantic and someone broke their arm in the audience, not that this should put you off.

With massive tunes like Fever Rising and Toothache its no wonder they have remixers queuing up left right and centre to get a piece of the action! They have remixes coming out every orifice on their myspace >>LISTEN HERE<<

I am wise with my ‘ones to watch’….and therefore I place all bets on the nose that these boys will be around to make a few footprints in the industry.

Keep up the tune making, beat bashing, remix mixing , leather wearing massiveness boys!

Now on to…

Brother


Ok so here we have it...Brother. These Slough based boys will soon knock ‘The Office’ off of the spot of Sloughs claim to fame and replace it with heavy masculine riffs and to the point lyrics.

You may have heard their track ‘Darling Buds of May’ played out on our UK radio waves?...with guitar licks that echo Jackus Whiteus and melodic rhythms that could easily be repeated on the terraces, what an absolute banger…

Maybe I am wishing this upon us, but I do feel a massive sense of relief that 80's inspired synths may soon again be a thing of the past and we can move on to what we do best...guitars, anthems and beer.

Enjoy

From a very hopeful,

HTTP

No comments:

Post a Comment